Kekoa's growth ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cone Shells and Pieces, Mystery, Fractal, Fibonacci


The above photo shows a pendant that is for sale at our Estsy store which I made from a really beautiful, made to be a pendant, top of a cone shell. If this were to tumble longer it would end up being a puka shell eventually I imagine. As it happens I found it as it is and have never found one exactly like it again.
I posted yesterday about the mana of sea glass and the mysteries of the sea captured in each piece of sea glass that’s found not only by me here in Hawaii Nei but around the world. Well, the same goes for each shell and shell piece we find. Here is a picture one of the cone shells my son found:
It’s not that great a photo of a cone shell my son found, he seems to find all the whole shells. This is a pretty big one. Somehow I think the Sea God and Sea Goddess really like my son because the shells almost just come to him, he’s not really looking and before I know it he’s handing me a whole shell. I don’t find whole shells :/
Here are a couple of useful links about cone shells here on Maui complete with photos:
Cone Shell ~ This one I like because it makes reference to the fractal pattern, a pattern found in all of nature, a very fascinating subject too!
Which brings me to the mysteriousness I feel whenever I’m at the beach. I’m sure some get it when they go hiking in the woods or mountain climbing, anywhere that nature is abundant and alive (as opposed to concrete jungles).
 Here is a video I watched this morning on geometrics in natural things ~
A beautiful display of numbers in nature.
I also looked up the meaning of fractal because I wanted to know if it’s the same as fibonacci. Here is the answer via another video I really like ~
Above are a couple of pictures of jewelry I made with the insides of cone shells I found. What really attracted me to these cone shell pieces is the spiral at the tip, it held some kind of deeper meaning to me then just oh, a shell piece I found while beach combing.
We’re going to the beach today for my nephew’s birthday. I’m going to snorkel, so excited about finding some shells now!

No comments:

Post a Comment