Kekoa's growth ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Many Hues of Blue Sea Glass



 When using blue or aquamarine blue sea glass to make jewelry it’s always hard for me to define the color. They are all a hue of aquamarine or blue but not the same. Some are lighter, so I call it light aqua, some have a greenish hue so I call that teal green, if it sways more to blue than green I call it teal blue.
The 2 pieces of sea glass on the left have a greenish hue to it, those I call teal green, the second top left I call aquamarine, the one next to it on the top I call dark aquamarine, the next one I call soft aquamarine, so many many hues! This is not all I have!
So when trying to pair colors up for earrings, especially having to also pair up with shape as well or at least size, sometimes it might be just slightly slightly off.
Take last night. I wire wrapped 2 pieces of aquamarine sea glass for earrings and after I finished and was taking pictures I noticed that one aquamarine piece was slightly darker than the other :D So I put it aside so when I find another piece to match both, I can complete the earrings.
I Love these colors of blue. It reminds me of the sweet ocean it came from. It reminds me of how happy I am when I’m collecting beach glass, in full meditation mode :D
I hope that when you buy a sea glass jewelry from me that feeling reaches you as well. I hope it’s not just a jewel to adorn, I hope it’s more, something that can’t be seen, the mana, the mana of Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment