Kekoa's growth ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Treasury Lists on Etsy

I joined Etsy a few years ago but never did anything with it until recently. Trying to find a venue to sell my sea glass jewelry and shell jewelry creations, I decided on Etsy rather than eBay. How I discovered Treasury lists I don't even remember! But I did and I thought hmmm I'm gonna make one and so I did!


First I thought of a theme, hmmm I Love Christmas 24/7 so I made that my first theme. Then I looked around Etsy shops for Christmas items that I liked, Favorited them, and proceeded with my Treasury list. Ok, that was fun and I plan to make more Christmas lists too but that was a sort of test to get to know the "art" of making a Treasure list.

Lucky for me I added a couple of Etsy handcrafters to my circle and so I receive updates on the Treasury lists they create or favorite (another sellers Treasury list). To me, they are actually creating works of art, combining color, imagery, with a well thought out theme for each Treasury list. This inspired me!

But keeping to who I am and what fascinates me I continued to pick themes that I liked and that interested me. Two lists I especially like are ~

Sea Glass Origins
Fibonacci Fractal Mystery

Sea glass origins I like because it fascinates me whenever I look  for sea glass and discover where it could possible originate from. Then I start to picture the whaling ships that came to Maui long ago.

Fibonacci Fractal Mystery because I use shell pieces that still have the curl or that have been washing in the surf and coral for who knows how long and the mysteriousness of it all!

I started to get views and comments and actually it is like making "friends" at Etsy so I decided to make a "One is Silver and the other Gold" list :D

So far though, my favorite Treasury list is of these paintings from different artists of the sky, each one so brilliant in color use, all of them, visions that I have while praying! I wish I could have each and every one!

I named this Treasury list "Knowing..." and the theme is from a quote by Neale Donald Walsch that he used on a video while being interviewed ~
"Thank you God, for helping me to know that my problems have already been solved."

Simple and beautiful but priceless! It's become my mantra :D

Etsy really has some wonderful artist and handcrafters and I think it's a wonderful place to shop for any occasion and since Christmas is coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment